Tech Day

Tech day went extremely well which I am very pleased about however it did take longer than I had anticipated. This meant I did not have time for a run through as we needed the full 1 hour and 30 minutes to rig the lighting. Nevertheless I was chuffed with how the lighting and sound looked/went together. I believe my set will look aseptically pleasing for the audience.

The pre-set will be two spotlights on each of the picnics. For the picnics, I have bought multi coloured picnic blankets which will be surrounded by multi coloured bean bags. This will have matching plastic bowels, glasses and cutlery. I feel as though this will look good and create an intimacy with the audience.

While the audience are seated, I have decided I will be entering to a Greek soundtrack which will have multi-coloured cheesy disco lights going at the same time creating that party feeling.

When I begin my dialogue, I have decided to have a projection throughout the performance of the flag of Cyprus. This is important for my performance as the majority of the audience members know what Greece flag looks like but not Cyprus. The projection enables me to enhance the difference between the two which I believe will work well.

This follows on to a spotlight on myself sitting on the park bench which works well as it combines with the two spotlights on the picnic. This helps create a very personal performance.

During my performance, when I am talking about the invasion of Cyprus it turns in to a more serious tone. To portray this I have asked for a single spotlight on myself, with hints of red to surround the studio. I feel as though this particular lighting can help to create the change in atmosphere. While this is going on, the projection will show an image of the land that the Turkish troops have taken over.

Moving on to the portrayal of my mother, I will have a microphone to speak in to with a simple spotlight. I believe this will show the shift in the performance without me having to change my appearance. Additionally, I believe a simple idea of speaking in to a microphone makes this impression of my mother more powerful.

To end the performance, I will exit to the well-known Greek Zorba soundtrack with a simple wash.

To conclude, tech this morning went well and I am pleased with how the set/light/sound is going to combine with each other. This morning has made me extremely excited for my performance and I believe I am ready to give the Lincoln audience a bit of Greek!